Group Discussion Topics, GD Topics, Latest GD Topic
MBAUniverse.com Editorial Desk | Updated on July 04, 2020
GD Topics: 100+ Latest Group Discussion Topics 2020
Group Discussion (GD) is an important part of selection process for MBA, BBA and other competitive admission processes. Almost all good B-schools have a GD Round. In fact, Delhi University’s FMS Delhi has re-introduced GD Round for admission to MBA 2020-22 batch. It is very important to prepare well for GD Round for MBA Admissions as 10-20% marks are allocated for this round. IIMs, XLRI, MDI, SPJIMR and all other prominent MBA colleges conduct Essay Writing, Extempore Speech, Personal Interview on latest current affairs topics, that are similar to GD Topics. So, by preparing for Group Discussion, you are in fact preparing for the entire Personal Assessment (PI) Round of all MBA colleges. CAT Toppers like Anushree Naik (CAT 2019: 98.2%, now studying at IIM Ahmedabad) have used MBAUniverse.com solved GD Topics. So, make sure you too benefit from this rich resource.
COVID 19, Economic Slowdown & China Related GD Topics
To help you prepare well in the COVID 19 times, MBAUniverse.com experts has prepared solved GD Topics on COVID 19 and Economic Slowdown related issues like Lock Down in India, Work from Home & Future of Work, Corona Virus (Covid 19) Impact, Slowdown in Indian Economy, Rise of Gig Economy, and Global Economic Recession. We have also prepared GD Topics on latest topics like Chinese App Ban in India. More such topics will be added soon. So, bookmark this page for your GD Topic preparation.
Type of GD Topics
GD Topics for MBA Admission include topics on Current Affairs, Business & Economy, Social Issues and even Abstract Topics as below:
- GD Topics on Business & Economy: It includes current trends in business and economy, major policy initiatives, latest business trends, and their impact globally and nationally. For example Slowdown in Indian Economy. According to latest forecasts by IMF and other bodies, Indian GDP growth will be reduced to only 2% this year.
- GD Topics on Current Affairs: The GD topics on Current affairs may be based on national or international political development, Policies and issues which are highly debated in media. For example Lock down in India: Prof and Cons and Impact of Corona Virus (Covid 19).
- GD topics on Social Issues: Top MBA Colleges are focussing on developing socially responsible MBAs. Hence, there is a greater emphasis on issues like gender and environment sensitivity, ethics etc. For example Nirbhaya Gang Rape: Death penalties for perpetrators of crime against women. Will it reduce crime?
- GD Topics on Abstract Topics: You may be thinking what are abstract GD topics? These are the topics which have multiple interpretations and candidates can show their creativity and smart thinking. For example topics like Black or Grey or Zero (0) or Roses are Red…Prepare well for these tricky ones!
All these hot GD Topics have been solved below for your benefit.
Read Latest Group Discussion Topics for MBA Admission 2020
Check list of 100+ latest GD Topics and be ready for your MBA Admission process. We are continuously adding new topics and updating new developments in topics like Lock Down in India, COVID Virus Impact, Economic Slowdown. So bookmark this page for your GD Topic preparation.
Business & Economy
- Gig Economy: Statistics, Why is it growing, Pros & Cons, Impact of Covid 19
- Facebook Reliance Jio Deal: Will it help to boost Business Growth in India?
- Telecom Sector Trouble in India: Good or Bad for Economy
- Coronavirus: ‘Black Swan’ of Global Economy; How it Impacts India?
- Slowdown in Indian Economy: Temporary or Structural?
- 5 Trillion Economy: The Vision, Challenges and Roadmap for India
- Union Budget of India: What is “Budget” and Key Features of Budget 2020
- Impact of Technology on Jobs: Will Automation & Artificial Intelligence reduce or increase Jobs?
- Crypto Currency: A bright future or just a fad?
- Globalization: An Opportunity or a Threat?
- The IT Industry in India -Will it create more jobs in the future?
- Banks Merger in India: Is it good for Indian Economy?
- Is FDI Good for Indian Economy?
- Universal Basic Income: Is this a good idea for India?
- India improves Ease of Doing Business Ranking: Real progress or Chimera?
- RBI Autonomy: Is the Government out to Impound its Autonomous Status?
- The Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill 2017
- Startup India: Boosting Entrepreneurship
- Make in India: The idea will make India a manufacturing hub
- Sensex: Sensitivity has nothing to do with economy and society?
- E-commerce: Discounts are harmful in long run?
- Disinvestment on CPSE central public sector enterprises: Good step to augment public expenditure or selling family silver?
- RCEP Agreement: Right step for national interest or running away from competition?
National Current Affairs
- Chinese App Banned in India – Pros and Cons
- Lock Down: Will it check Coronavirus spread in India?
- Citizenship (Amendment) Act 2019: What, Why, When and Whom; Relationship with NRC explained
- Article 370 Abrogation: Correcting old folly or thrusting nationalistic agenda?
- Single Use Plastic Ban?
- One Nation One Election: Benefits are more for India
- EVMs Vs Paper Ballots: Which one is Better to Use?
- Fake News will kill Social Fiber of India unless checked
- Modicare: Affordable healthcare or a piped dream?
- Bullet Train: Does India really need it?
- Mission to MARS: Can India afford spending a fortune on such projects?
- Linking of Aadhaar: Is making Aaadhar mandatory a good idea?
- Delhi Air Pollution: Man made Crisis or fall out of industrialization?
- Chandrayaan 2: A failed mission or a stepping stone for future glory?
- Nirbhaya Gang Rape: Death penalties for perpetrators of crime against women. Will it reduce crime?
- Free Metro Ride for Women: Step for Women Empowerment or a Political Gimmick
- Shortage of Open Spaces and Playgrounds Lead to Negative Tendencies in Children
- Women Empowerment & Gender Justice
- Swachh Bharat Mission: Success is still at Large
- Social Media: A boon or a bane for society and individuals
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Browsing at Workplace affects productivity
- Social Activism is necessary for survival of democratic society
- India needs a uniform civil code
- Net Neutrality is essential to make India Digital
- Smart City Project will give wings to growth
- Gender bias in portraying Women in Advertisements
- India needs a uniform civil code
Abstract Topics: Group Discussion Topics
- Friends, Enemy or Frenemies?
- Hard Work Vs Smart Work
- Me Too Campaign: Tool to Trap or Breaking Silence to Win the War
- Your failures can be your stepping stones or your stumbling blocks
- GD Topic: Ethics or Profit?
- GD Topic: Zero (0)
- Black or Grey
- Work- Life Balance is a Myth
- FAMOUS Vs IMPORTANT
- Roses are red, crows are black
- Water or Oxygen
- East or West India is the best
- Patience: A virtue in Business and Management.
- Innovation Vs Invention: What is more important?
- Change is the only constant
- Freedom is a myth
- Fact Vs Opinion: There are no facts only opinions
- Leader or Follower
- Strategy or Execution
- Means or End
- Effective manager or Ethical Manager
- It was a bright, cold day in April and the clocks were striking thirteen.
- Red is red, blue is blue and never the two shall meet
- Brevity is the soul of wit
- US Trade Policy: Is Trump creating World Trade War?
- TRUMP-KIM SUMMIT: Will De-Nuclearization Instill World Peace?
- Hong Kong Protests: Rebel against China or pro-democracy fight?
- US China Trade Talks: A political drama or renegotiation of rules of game?
Past GD Topics in IIMs, XLRI, MDI and other Top B-schools
The GD topics as appeared in the Group Discussion rounds in top MBA colleges including IIMs are shared below. It is expected that the GD Topics on similar lines could be placed in Group Discussion round 2020 in top MBA colleges.
- Poverty in India: Facts, Causes, Effects, Solution — IIMs
- Performance & Policies of Modi Regime — IIMs
- Agriculture Role in India and Subsidies: Problems & Challenges — IIMs
- Women Empowerment & Gender Justice: Addressing the Equality Challenges — IIMs
- End of Globalization/ De-Globalization/ Nationalization — IIM Bangalore, MDI Gurgaon, IIM Lucknow
- Climate Change/Pollution — IIM Bangalore, IIM Trichy, TISS Mumbai
- Retirement Homes: Do advantages of living in them outweigh the disadvantages? — TAPMI, IIM Indore
- Social Media: Impact on human behavior and society — IIM Ranchi, IIM Ahmedabad
- Impact of technology on Jobs — MDI Gurgaon, CAP process for New IIMs
- #Me too campaign — IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta,
- Crypto Currency/ Bitcoin — IMI Delhi
- Mars Mission for India Justified?– MDI Gurgaon
- Shortage of Open Spaces and Playgrounds Lead to Negative Tendencies in Children –IIM Ahmedabad
- Knowledge is the biggest asset you can accumulate — IIM Lucknow
- Is India ready for cashless Economy? — IIFT
- Travelling: Helps in Generating Ideas and Experiential Learning — CAP process for New IIMs
- Zero — XLRI
- Death penalties for perpetrators of crime against women. Is it Justified? — IIM Indore
How to prepare for GD Topic:
Before we give you 100 top GD Topics 2020 with answers, lets briefly discuss how to prepare for GD Topics. First GD preparation tip is, Read, Read, and Read! The more aware you are, better will be your chances. Second, practice with your friends on the how to participate in a live GD.. Read more about GD Tips and How to Prepare.
100 Top GD Topics
In addition to above latest GD Topics that have appeared in MBA admissions, MBAUniverse.com experts have prepared a comprehensive list of 100 current GD Topics with answers for Admissions 2020. So, click on the links below to read.. You can also download PDF of list of Top 100 GD Topics for MBA 2020.